To ensure the safety of the players as well as coaches please see the rules below adopted by the City of Naples for the use of Fleischman fields during the current 2021 Spring Baseball season. These will go into effect immediately.
Please note: Programs/Facility Usage may be postponed, suspended or canceled depending on the level of COVID-19 community spread, documented cases within the City/County, and documented cases among program participants, coaches and volunteers.
If you have any questions please contact Micaela, the League President at
1.If the participant shows or reports any signs or symptoms of flu, they will be sent home and a doctor’s note is required to clear them to participate in team practice and games.
2. If a participant has had a documented case of the
COVID-19 infection, or has had direct contact with someone that has, a doctor’s note is required to clear them to participate in team practice and games.
3. Staff, Participants, Parents and Coaches must wear face coverings at all times when social distancing cannot be maintained (exception will be players on the field).
4. The City recommends surgical masks over homemade face covering and buffs.
5. Spectators will be allowed during practices, games, and events if they sit outside the fence and bring their own chairs. Bleachers will be closed. When social distancing cannot be maintained masks will be required.
6. All activities will be staggered/spaced out to minimize interactions with other athletes.
7. Avoid unnecessary contact such as handshakes, high-fives, hugs etc.
8. No sharing of water, towels, and personal equipment to eliminate cross contamination.
9. Participants must bring their own water bottles and must be clearly labeled.
10. Participants should provide their own equipment, as much as possible.
11. Pennies/jersey’s will not be shared by different players during practice unless cleaned and disinfected after each use.
12. Players and Coaches will properly sanitize all equipment after every training session.
13. Concession Stands will be closed until further notice. This includes the second story to both Cambier and Fleischmann.
14. Locker Rooms will be closed to players until further notice.
15. Leagues will be responsible for communicating these procedures to their teams.
16. During Inclement weather, each league will be required to set up an alert system to inform the parents that practice has been cancelled. Locker rooms and concessions buildings will remain closed.
17. Cones, goals, flags, and other equipment to be handled by coaches only.
18. Social distancing (6 ft. minimum) will be enforced during explanations, breaks and on sidelines.
19. Leagues may have additional safety protocols which is acceptable if they do not interfere with any of the above listed protocols, unless approved in advance by the City of Naples.
20. These guidelines have been developed in accordance with CDC, FHSAA and FLDOH recommendations and have been adopted for the City of Naples Athletic
The guidelines are the most up to date and have been determined to be best practices in terms of mitigating the risk of COVID-19 spread amongst student athletes and will be revisited and updated as needed.